Welcome to the original Learning 2.0 Program. This site was created to support PLCMC's Learning 2.0 Program; a discovery learning program designed to encourage staff to explore new technologies and reward them for doing 23 Things. Since the program's launched, it has fostered Learning 2.0 programs all over the world. If you are interested in duplicating or modifying this program for your organization, please see Program Notes on About Page and contact Helene Blowers for information.


Week 4: Rainy & Busy

It's been a pretty rainy one for the past few days and I don't know if this is what is making the difference, but it seems that there has been an increase in blog posts as well. With 274 staff blogs out there, PLCMC participation is officially just over 50% (can I just scream WOW!!!). Anyway, some of you might wonder if I do actually read all the stuff you post to your blogs? Well the answer is Yes!... and, you're keeping my evenings very busy -- which is good. cause I'd much rather scan your posts in my Bloglines account than watch stimulating programs some lame show on primetime TV. :)

This week's discovery exercise was a difficult one for some (and a long podcast too! - sorry, they all get shorter from here). But from the posts that have been published so far, it seems like many of you find this tool valuable. I, for one, can tell from very, very, verrry recent experience, that Bloglines is a life saver. How else could I keep up with nearly 300 blogs! If you've only set up your Bloglines account once and haven't looked at it again, log in sometime in the next few days and you'll discover the real power of news aggregators -- they're smart enough to know what you've already read. And, thanks to Learning Express, I also learned a new nifty trick to turn an email newsletter into an email feed. - Very cool!

Anyway... that this week's review. Next week is titled "Play Week" (as if we've haven't been doing that along) and we'll be looking at fun image and text generators, LibraryThing and Rollyo. Jump ahead if you want to or use next week to catch up.

PS: If you haven't stopped by Ain't Yo Mama's Library, take a look. I keep wanting to hear these tunes recorded. My personal favorite ... Blogs to the World:

"Singin’ Blog to the World, all the boys and girls.
Blogging for that player of the MP3s,
Blogs for you and me."


Have fun Bloggin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home